The summer season is almost here. With temperatures already heating up in and around your homes in Hobbs NM community at Tanglewood, it’s important to get your home ready for the summer ready. Take a look at the home maintenance checklist below for tips to get started.
- Clean out your fridge – A new season means it’s time to clean out your fridge. Chuck those leftovers and throw away anything that has expired or that you just don’t want anymore. Try to do this closer to trash pick up day so that things aren’t lingering in your trash can with 90 degree weather outside.
- Clean your flooring – If you plan on going on vacation or spending more time outside, you will have less foot traffic indoors during the summer months. This makes it an ideal time clean your flooring. Sweep and then mop your floors to polish them. Hirer professionals or rent a carpet steam cleaner to shampoo your carpets. Mopping your floors and shampooing your carpets will help to remove all the dirt and grime. Make sure you vacuum and mop frequently to keep these clean.
- Do a detector safety check – Check to ensure your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly. Replace the batteries if needed.
- Deep clean your grill – Give your grill a deep cleaning before you fire up your grill and throw hamburgers and hot dogs on it. If you have a charcoal grill, take everything out of it and wipe off any dirt and food residue and the outside of your grill. Clean the grates with dish soap, hot water, and a grill cleaning brush. Empty the grill and wipe away any dust or residue. Let everything dry before you use it. For your gas grill, close the lid, turn it up to the highest heat setting, and leave on for about 30 minutes. Let the grill cool down and then proceed to brush the grates and clean out the drip pans. Check your propane tanks to make sure they are properly working.
- Inspect your outdoor play equipment – Give these a once over to ensure everything is safe and not damaged. Repair what needs fixing and check to make sure everting is still sturdy.
- Replace your air condition filters – This will help promote clean air in your home and help reduce energy costs.
- Start those projects – Take advantage of the summer months by starting any projects you’ve been putting off.
- Switch the direction of your ceiling fans – These should be reversed so your blades run counter clockwise to help the air down to the floor to help cool the room. Don’t forget to clean the blades and switch out the bulbs if they’re out.
- Wash your windows – Let the sunshine in! Clean the interior and exterior windows so they sparkle. Do the blinds too to get rid of any dust and allergens.
A newer home requires less maintenance. Contact us today at 575-404-1834 to learn about our available homes in Hobbs NM at Tanglewood.Tags: home builder hobbs nm, new homes hobbs nm
This post was written by French Brothers