Top Tips for Spring Cleaning
We ushered in the first day of spring last month. Spring means the sun shining, birds chirping, and longer days around our homes in Alamogordo communities. Spring also signals a good time to thoroughly clean your home. Check out these tips for spring cleaning.
- Declutter your home – A cluttered space leads to disorganization. Are your magazines and newspapers piling up? Does the mail need to be shredded or thrown out? Are you closets and drawers in disarray? Dust and clean these areas as well.
- Deep clean the oven and fridge – Clean the exterior and handles of both of these appliances. Use the self-cleaning oven feature to get rid of any stains and grime that has accumulated. Remove everything out the fridge to clean the shelves and removable bins. Throw out any takeaway, food, and condiments that is old or you no longer want.
- Get organized – Your cabinets, closets, drawers, pantry, and shelving should be emptied out and organized. Take stock of things you no longer need, is damaged, or expired. You can either donate or put in the trash depending on what it is.
- Give the windows treatment – Nicer weather makes us want to let the sun in! So, it is time to give you windows much needed treatment so that all the sun can come through. Wash the interior and exterior windows. You will also want to dust the blinds and wash your window curtains.
- Microwave check – When is the last time you really cleaned your microwave? Now is a good time to do so since the microwave can collect a lot of food splatter and stains. Pour water, lemon juice, and vinegar into a bowl and put in your microwave for about two minutes. Then take the bowl out and wipe down the side of the microwave, plate, and door.
- Run the dishwasher – Run the dishwasher on empty with just run dishwasher cleaner or white vinegar to give it a thorough cleaning. This will help get rid of any buildup that has accumulated and help make it run smoother.
- Spruce up the furniture – Use the upholstery attachment tool to vacuum your furniture and mattress. Throw your throw pillows in the dryer and wash your throw blankets that have helped keep you warm over the winter.
- Wash the walls – These are often forgotten when it comes to cleaning your home. Start from the top and work your way down the wall. Do not forget to clean off the baseboards.
- Wipe off the door mats and area rugs – These can be a smorgasbord for dirt, germs, and grime. Replace or hose down your exterior door mats. Vacuum your area rugs and sweep underneath them to get rid of any dirt that has collected underneath them.
From our homes in Alamogordo family to yours, we wish you a happy and prosperous spring season!Tags: home builder alamogordo nm, homes for sale alamogordo nm, new home alamogordo